GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last updated: February 8th, 2017
Please review the following terms and conditions before entering a contest or giveaway hosted by Sew What Alicia. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time, and by entering our giveaway you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the most recent version. Do not participate if you do not agree to the following terms and conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: All Sew What Alicia giveaways are only open to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. Sew What Alicia giveaways are only open to legal residents of the United States and sometimes Canada. Each giveaway will specify the eligibility terms. Giveaways are void where prohibited.
- For international giveaways:
- Giveaways are International only when noted as such in the giveaway itself.
- You must be age of majority in your Country of residence.
- We are not responsible for any duties, import taxes that you may incur.
- We reserve all rights to make any changes to this giveaway.
- Giveaways are void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decision of Sew What Alicia as final and binding as it relates to the content of Sew What Alicia hosted giveaways.
- How to Enter: Entry methods will vary. All entries must fulfill contest/giveaway requirements as outlined in the contest/giveaway announcement. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sew What Alicia. Entries may not include nudity, profanity, hate speech, bullying, ethnic discrimination, or any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names.
- Prizes: Winner(s) will receive the prize outlined in the contest/giveaway announcement. We reserve the right to substitute prizes if necessary. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sew What Alicia. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sew What Alicia’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will typically be chosen at random using a random number generator. If another method of winner selection is to be used, that selection method will be clearly outlined in the submission requirements for that contest/giveaway. Winner will be notified within five (5) days following selection. Sew What Alicia shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SEW WHAT ALICIA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST/GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By submitting content to a Sew What Alicia giveaway (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), you understand and agree that Sew What Alicia shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest/giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes – without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By submitting content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sew What Alicia. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sew What Alicia from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense which Dawn Nicole Designs may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Sew What Alicia reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any contest/giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sew What Alicia’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest/giveaway. In such case, Sew What Alicia may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sew What Alicia. Sew What Alicia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sew What Alicia has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest/giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest/giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest/giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sew What Alicia reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sew What Alicia and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest/giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or processing of entries.
- Disputes: All Sew What Alicia contests/giveaways are governed by the laws of the United States of America and Alicia Steele’s current state of residence, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in any Sew What Alicia contest/giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with a contest/giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alicia Steele’s current State of Residence having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the contest/giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Privacy: Sew What Alicia will not share your private information with any third party or publicly. The only information that will be shared is your name and/or social media handle at time of winner announcement or in any subsequent sharing of your original work submitted.
- Social Media: By participating in this promotion you acknowledge that this is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or YouTube. You completely release Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or YouTube of responsibility regarding the outcome of any promotion.